June 29, 2011

My Trip To California

This past May 10th-June 20th I went on a trip to California, and basically toured the entire state. Seriously, from all the way up to Auburn and then down to San Diego, and a ton of places in between.

This trip had a lot of firsts for me:

  • It was the first time that I had planned a really long trip. I've only done short trips of about a week or so, and usually it's somewhere I can drive, so they don't require too much planning. Any other trip I've been on that was really long was when I was living with my parents, so I didn't have to really do anything except show up.
    I think it's really awesome that the first really long trip I've ever planned on my own went off without a hitch. :)
  • It was the first time I've been that far away from my parents. Yes, I've never been 3000 miles away from my family before.
  • It was my first time flying over the Pacific Ocean. (I flew over the Atlantic Ocean when I flew up to New York City.) I actually forgot that it wasn't my first time flying over the ocean until I got back, so I was kinda freaked out.
  • My first time being in California, therefore my first time seeing and being in a lot of places.
  • It was my first time dealing with car rental places. Ugh... If you don't have a credit card, you can't get anywhere with them. We started out having problems with the car, but, thankfully, the last company we went to (Enterprise) was able to set us up. They were awesome.
  • My first time being offered pot in exchange for a photo shoot.
  • My first time eating at a Jack In The Box. Oh my god, they are amazing. I want to bring one to Florida.
  • My first time going to a hookah bar. I've smoked hookah many times, but I've never actually been to a hookah bar. The one we went to was really cool. :)
  • My first time only having a suitcase of clothing to choose from for photoshoots for 6 weeks.
  • It was my first (and second) group photoshoot. I have no idea how I feel about them after those two... :/
  • It was my first time at an Ikea, and it was amazing. :)
  • My first time on a nude beach. I now hate nude beaches. If it's cold enough that you feel the need to wear a jacket, you should also wear something to cover your penis! (Especially if you are old.)
  • My first time wear latex clothing. I think I'm hooked. It's amazing.
  • My first time being away from my kitty for more than a week. Missed her so much! <3 my kitty :)

There were many other firsts, but those are the ones that I can think of right now.

Before I start posting individual entries about each shoot (on my Tumblr: http://chelseachristian.tumblr.com) I wanted to take the time to thank the photographers that I worked with on the trip, that helped make my trip an enjoyable success!

Thank you to:

I also want to thank the wonderful Makeup Artists, Hair Stylists, Designers, and Models I worked with along the way as well. :)

Thank you to:

I have a TON of pictures from this trip that I took, even more than my boyfriend took, and (obviously) hundreds of images from photoshoots that I did along the way. I can't wait to share them with everyone. :)

To see awesome behind the scenes pictures from the trip, "like" me on Facebook and "follow" me on Tumblr! http://www.facebook.com/modelchelseachristian http://chelseachristian.tumblr.com

- Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment