February 08, 2012

Shoots in Mt. Dora

If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook you probably have noticed that I frequently shoot in Mt. Dora, Florida. I figured it was about time to post a bit about those trips; especially since I have some great images to share taken on the trips now. :)

I've been down there 5 times to work with the photographers down there, Ken, Jeff, and Robert. They are all amazing guys and I am so happy to have had a chance to work with them, and every time we schedule another shoot I get excited all over again. :)

Usually we head down the night before and stay the night so we can wake up bright and early to shoot at sunrise and in the early morning light on this beautiful lake and in the trees and on the shore. If you look at the shoreline and the trees, you can just tell that they've been there forever and it's never really been heavily inhabited. It's a gorgeous place, and I love how the sunrise looks on the lake. It's just so peaceful. A beautiful thing to wake up to early in the morning. If you have known me for a while, you'll know that I really am not a morning person, but these shoots are completely worth waking up for and I always enjoy them.

Over the past few months that I've shot with them I've had blue/purple hair for half of the shoots and blonde hair for the other half, so the pictures I have right now look totally different. :) Now when we shoot I wear this beautiful blonde wig on the lake. It looks wonderful in the sunlight.

The shoots on the lake are being done for a project that is eventually going to become a book. And it will show all of the seasons of the trees on the lake and have beautiful light and water mixed with models and their poses blending into nature and becoming pseudo-animals and such. While Robert and Jeff have sent me some digital files of their shots, Ken has given me some absolutely beautiful prints that I cannot wait to frame and hang on my wall. (I even gave one of them to my mom for Christmas.)

So, while we're on the lake it's me, another model, the 3 awesome photographers, a crew of 2 people to help with the boat we're on and test the trees and make sure things are safe, and then there's my boyfriend, and last time there was even a makeup artist and her friend. Sometimes it gets really hectic, but it's always fun. :) Even Pissed Off Pistol Photography snapped a couple of shots during sunrise on one of the shoots!

I can't share the lake images just yet. Since they're shooting all of it for a book we're all keeping the photos "under wraps" until the book is published. They've also been saying the prints that I have are their proof sizes (which is crazy because they're like 11x14 or bigger) and that they are really meant to be printed at about 4ft tall for a gallery or something like that. So maybe there will be a gallery event when the book is published. (I think that would be pretty awesome!)

Anyway, I really cannot wait to be able to share them and promote the book and such because I really love this series and I think you all will love it also. :)

I only posted a few in this blog, but there are a bunch more on my Tumblr, Flickr, and DeviantArt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment